Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Parisian Hot Chocolate Recipe for the Cold, Winter Nights
















































Hello everyone and welcome to Day 3 of Advent Countdown. Today I've got a recipe for you all. In lieu of photos I bring you this seasonal drawing- which took me a lot longer to create that I thought it would. Well anyway, into the recipe.


Thick, creamy Parisian Hot Chocolates are actually surprisingly easy to make. All you need is:


130g Dark Chocolate (preferably 70%) (in squares)
2 cups milk (I use semi-skimmed, but you can use skimmed or whole. Whole will be thicker and skimmed the opposite)

Optional:

Brown sugar
Vanilla Essence
Cinnamon

So you see, it really couldn't be easier. Here's how you make it.

1. Heat the milk in a saucepan.

2. When it's warm to the touch add the chocolate and whisk until melted. To make the hot chocolate thicker, cook at a very low boil for longer. A thick hot chocolate normally takes 3-5 minutes. Whisk constantly. 

3. Add brown sugar to taste (normally a couple tablespoons or so).

4. Add vanilla essence to taste (normally 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon)

5. Add cinnamon to taste. Just a sprinkle because it's strong. 

Serve immediately. Though it can be reheated, and some are of the opinion that it tastes better when left a little while.

And that's all there is to it. I told you it was easy. You could even add cream if you wanted- for a truly decadent drink, but I think it's rich enough for me without adding any.  If you try it out, let me know what you thought and whether you added any different ingredients. 

Well everyone, that was Day 3 of Advent Countdown. See you all tomorrow for Day 4. 










No comments:

Post a Comment