Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 13- Scrub Your Cares Away

Hello and welcome to Day 13 of Advent Countdown. Today I have another DIY for you all. With a similar theme to my candy cane soap, the scent stays the same, but instead of a soap, we have:

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Now this project is ridiculously quick and easy. Here's what you'll need:



1 cup of granulated sugar   

1 cup of vegetable oil

1 vitamin E capsule

Peppermint essential oil

1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste

An air-tight container for the scrub

This is a recipe I found on My Kitchen Addiction. All credit there. So let's get started.


1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. For the vitamin E capsule- cut it open with scissors/knife and squeeze out the oil into the bowl.

Use as much or as little peppermint oil as you desire, until you're happy with the scent. It shouldn't take too much. That stuff is strong.





2. Stir all the ingredients together with a spatula until combined. That's it. You're done. 












3. Pour the scrub into your container. I bought these jars from Amazon. You can find them here . They were quite a bit bigger than I thought. I doubled the recipe to fill them this much. I'd suggest maybe the small version. I actually wanted a medium size, but couldn't find one available. Alternatively, if you don't think the large is big enough, they also have an extra large version. Other than that, the jars are lovely. Thick, strong glass, and subtly elegant. Definitely worth the money.



And you're done! Make sure you stir before each use (as the oil and sugar will separate). I added little labels with 'how to use' instructions onto mine (as they were gifts). Simply apply a small amount to the skin and rub in. Leave on for 3-4 minutes for ultimate use, then rinse. You can use it on hands or body. 

I test-tried a little of the extra and found it works nicely. It exfoliates and moisturisers. Exactly what you want from a scrub. Let me know if you try this one out yourself. 








I hope you all enjoyed this quick, easy DIY. I'll be making another batch for myself soon. I couldn't resist. Thank you for joining me for Day 13. I'll see you all tomorrow for Day 14 of Advent Countdown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment