Thursday, July 4, 2013

And The Winner Is.... (June 2013)

I've decided to try something new on this blog, though very common elsewhere- the 'Top X' lists. I've done one for books and movies in general, but these posts are going to be more specific.

At the start of each new month, I'll post my 'Top' list for books I read during the previous month. It may only be one book, or a few, depending. I'm calling it 'And the Winner Is...", so anytime you see that in the title of a blog post, you'll know it's awards day. So, as it is now July, it's time for the June Awards.

I'm not going to go into specifics on each book, but I will link my individual reviews on them, so you can check them out at your leisure. In them I've already discussed my thoughts and feelings, so doing it again would get a little repetitive. Anyway, without further ado....

This month I've got three contenders, so I've decided to go for 1st, 2nd an 3rd options.

In 3rd place:

Half a Dozen Star Jumps 
by Helen J Beal



Rich with prose-like description and plenty of variety, these six short stories will have you laughing and crying on the turn of a dime.




In 2nd place:


Wishing on Willows
by Katie Ganshert



The continuing story of one woman's descent into despair, and her climb back up. Touching, heartbreaking and throughly enjoyable.



And in 1st place: (drumroll please)...

And the Winner Is....


A Life Less Ordinary
by Victoria Bernadine




Because it's never too late for a fresh start. Full of travel, witty dialogue and uproarious characters. New friendships are discovered, old ones are strengthened. An ode to the happiness, proving life isn't where we go or what we do, it's who we have with us along the way.




Congratulations to all the winners. I hope you've all enjoyed this first edition of 'And the Winner Is' and look forward to seeing you for the (doubtless) many more to come. Let me know what you're favourite books of June were.

No comments:

Post a Comment