Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Little Holiday Spirit

As is traditional for many people around the world, the 1st of December marks the beginning of a countdown. From tomorrow onwards, millions around the world will be eagerly marking off the days until Christmas, and then the final week before we welcome in the New Year. We are hurtling towards 2014 at quite an alarming rate.

I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but my family does, and so that is why I have created my own Christmas countdown just for you- in the form of an advent calendar (designed and created by yours truly). If you're not a fan of the holidays, I hope you can still find some enjoyment in this event. 

Everyday (starting from tomorrow- the 1st- until the 25th there will be a new "door" to open. Clicking on that door will take you to the post for that day. And that's pretty much all there is to it. My very own virtual advent calendar for all of you to enjoy. 

I will posting the advent calendar as its own post, following this one. And a little message to all those impatient calendar openers- I will not be activating the link for later days. A 'door' will only be made active on its day- at which point it will remain active indefinitely. 

I will also be working on only making the posts linked by the advent calendar visible to those who clicked on the 'door' that hides its link (unless of course I absolutely fail to create the right code to do so). I want them to only be visible to those partaking in this event. After all, there's not much point to the advent calendar if every post it links to is available at the top of the home page. 

I hope you will all enjoy my small gift to you. I tried my best to make the corresponding posts entertaining and fun. Until Door 1 then. See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment